What is Polyurea Flooring?
Polyurea flooring is a type of elastomer that is derived from the reaction product of an isocyanate component and a synthetic resin blend component. This latest coating technology combines the best of all floor coatings into 1 product and makes it up to 20 times stronger than epoxy. Polyurea coatings are low in film build and best used on new concrete floors. If your concrete floor is very old, damaged and pitted, you may need to build it up with epoxy first, to get to a nice smooth finish, and then top coat it with polyurea.
It’s chemically resistant to salts, oils, petroleum and other harsh chemicals. It has flexibility property of 98% allowing for natural concrete movement, making it the best coating for any concrete floor, preventing delamination.
Polyurea floors offer:
- Fantastic Durability Properties
- Unparalleled Scratch resistance
- Good flexibility for higher impact resistance
- High tolerance to heat
- High Gloss Finish
- Crystal clear gloss finish that won’t blush from moisture in the concrete
- Suitable for both internal & external applications with 100% U.V. stability
- High stain and chemical resistance.
- Fast Curing and
- Low Maintenance
Polyurea cures much quicker than other polymer/resin based coatings such as epoxy and polyurethane. Your new polyurea floor will accept light foot traffic in only 6 hours after its installation and vehicular traffic will be allowed in 24 hours.
Talk to us today about your epoxy floor coating requirements.